Businesses don’t follow the same buying process that consumers do.
For instance, in B2B transactions, the person buying the product or service is unlikely to be the person who will actually use it. In addition, the buyer usually does extensive research online before shortlisting potential vendors. Because of this, it’s important to capture buyers early on in the buying process so that you can influence their decisions as much as possible.
A B2B sales cycle is also typically much longer than a B2C sales cycle, and buyers seldom stick to a straightforward, linear path. For this reason, marketing automation is key to pulling off a successful B2B marketing programme.
Downloadable B2B marketing resources
- The Guide to Inbound Marketing:
Successful B2B marketing requires capturing the decision-makers, experts and procurement team of a business early on in the buying process in order to influence a business’s buying decision. This comprehensive guide explains how inbound marketing can be used in the B2B sphere.
- Content Marketing Handbook:
Content marketing is a key element of an inbound marketing strategy. This handbook provides useful insights on how content marketing works in the B2B sphere.
- Effective Social Media in Business Guide:
B2B brands often shy away from using social media. In fact, if used correctly, it can be one of the most effective marketing channels. This guide explains how B2B brands can harness the power of social media.
- Website Redesign Checklist:
Your website should be a cornerstone of your B2B marketing strategy, yet many business’s websites don’t tick all the boxes. Use this checklist to make sure that your B2B website has all the essential elements.
Useful articles about B2B marketing:
- Why B2B marketing companies need to track metrics [infographic]
- The role of LinkedIn in business-to-business marketing strategies
- Three B2B marketing strategies that should be evaluated
- Why you should expect to see more B2B marketing agencies in SA soon
- Three important precepts of business-to-business marketing
- What Facebook’s Audience Network means for your business marketing strategy
- B2B marketing shifting to Human-to-Human Marketing
- Think B2B marketing is boring? Think again.
- What is the connection between B2B marketing and the web
- Why content marketing is better than SEO for B2B marketing
- How to do B2B content marketing in South Africa? [infographic]
- Real B2B marketing managers put marketing ROI as priority
- 5 reasons to do a marketing audit before developing your next B2B strategy
- Illustration of how B2B Marketing and Sales teams can generate revenue together
- Recent B2B content marketing research to consider for your content marketing strategy [Infographic]
- Marketing software spring boarding social media use in B2B companies
- Will a content marketing strategy work for B2B in South Africa?
- Selecting a B2B go-to-market strategy based on collective input [infographic]
- How business to business marketing teams should use social media
- Future business to business marketing strategies [infographic]
- B2B sales strategy: it’s not what it used to be [infographic]