Cold calling, by definition, involves interrupting an unsuspecting person – who is probably busy with something important at the time – to try to sell them something they very likely do not want. The huge amounts of information available online today means that consumers are more empowered than ever before to make informed buying decisions, even before they’ve spoken to a sales person or contacted a supplier. In this information-flooded world, cold calling is an outdated and ineffective tactic.
Instead of resorting to cold calling, businesses should implement marketing tactics that address the modern way of buying.
Downloadable cold calling resources
- The Guide to Inbound Marketing:
When you implement an inbound marketing strategy, you’ll never have to make a cold call to an unwilling person again. Instead, potential customers who are almost ready to buy will contact you.
Useful articles about cold calling:
- Cold calling techniques: a day in the life of a modern cold caller
- How to turn cold calling into ‘warm calling'
- The ultimate of all cold calling tips
- The most embarrassing cold calling moments
- Future of cold calling in question due to decreased telephone usage
- How to improve telesales performance [infographic]