Age-old marketing advice says that it is more cost-effective to sell more to existing customers than to work at finding brand new customers to sell to.
Customer engagement strategies are geared towards engaging, retaining and upselling to existing customers. Because customer engagement primarily happens through digital channels, brands need to produce high quality online content aimed at engaging and educating their existing customers.
Downloadable customer engagement resources
- Content Marketing Handbook:
Producing content that your customers find relevant and interesting is the foundation of your customer engagement strategy. This guide explains how content marketing can be used to both attract and retain customers.
- Effective Social Media in Business Guide:
: Consumers use social media extensively to engage with brands. This guide looks at using social media to engage with customers and to get them to buy more.
Useful articles about customer engagement:
- Six customer engagement tools for marketers to implement in 2015
- Drawing the line between customer engagement and customer harassment
- Groupon shifts their focus to customer retention strategies
- The role of social media in customer retention strategies
- Digital customer retention strategies – stick to the basics