Instead of running your sales and marketing strategies as separate entities with separate goals, you should see them as fully integrated strategies working towards one common goal.
Sales teams rely on marketing to assist them in reaching their sales targets. Instead of focusing on converting leads, however, marketing strategies often focus on achieving objectives like increased brand equity.
In order to integrate sales and marketing strategies, a new set of ROI-driven marketing tactics must be adopted. These tactics not only focus on generating leads but also on converting those leads into customers. In this way, an ROI-focused marketing strategy works hand-in-hand with your sales strategy.
Downloadable sales strategy resources
- The Guide to Inbound Marketing:
Inbound marketing is a sales and marketing tactic that generates, nurtures and qualifies leads. Once leads are qualified, they are handed over to the sales team. This comprehensive guide explains inbound marketing in detail.
- Content Marketing Handbook:
Using content marketing in a sales strategy allows sales teams to focus their efforts on qualified, quality leads. This handy guide explains how using content marketing can result in greater sales volumes.
- Effective Social Media in Business Guide:
Finding and communicating with new leads can be done via social media, turning your social media strategy into a profit centre.
- Website Redesign Checklist:
Your website should function as a 24/7 digital sales person, not as an online brochure. This checklist sets out everything your company’s website needs to include in order for it to evolve from a mere brochure into a hardworking sales asset.
Useful articles about sales strategy:
- How inbound marketing results in a more honest sales strategy
- Have zombies infiltrated your sales process? [infographic]
- How inbound marketing improves your corporate sales strategy
- Can social selling be used to increase B2B sales? [infographic]
- How to increase sales: Q&A with Graeme Wilson
- How do you spot the best sales opportunities?
- Salespeople give up on sales opportunities after two attempts
- B2B sales strategy: it’s not what it used to be [infographic]
- Why the web-based business development strategy is exceeding expectations
- How inbound marketing actually helps enhance a sales strategy
- Comparing old and new sales strategies [infographic]
- Extending your sales strategy digitally
- What is the marketing teams role in sales strategies
- Social media as an integral part of sales strategies [infographic]
- How to implement outsourced sales strategies